The ideal candidate should be highly self-motivated and confident along with the following:
The employee is to provide leadership and direction to the ICT Unit. Additionally, the employee is to facilitate planning and direct the design, installation, modification and operations of the College’s ICT systems across all campuses to include hardware, software and operational policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or its equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution
- Training in Supervisory Management and Administrative Principles & Techniques
- 5 years of related work
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to differing situations and environments
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set and meet deadlines
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems and application
- Knowledge of SQL Server, MySQL, Windows and Linux Servers
- Knowledge of Open & Distance Learning technologies such as Moodle, Blackboard, Smart boards etc.
- Sound knowledge of PC Repairs and Computer Networking
- Management of the Students’ Information Management System
- Being a team player
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Active Script, DHTML, Java, .Net Framework, Microsoft Access, SQL as well as .asp and .php scripting (would be an advantage)
All applications should include a letter of application, along with a Résumé and at least two stated character references. Please send to the following address(es):
c/o The Principal Brown’s Town Community College
1 Huntley Road Brown’s Town
P. O. Box 556 St. Ann
Application submissions close on Friday, May 10, 2019 at 04:00 p.m.
We thank applicants for their interest in serving this Institution. We appreciate all applications; however, further contact may be limited to those short-listed.